Tilt and Shift - like Photography

IMG_0878ac


I become acquainted with the term "tilt and shift photography" when I went to Canon - Makati last June.

As I roam to their showroom and make used to different models of Canon cameras and lenses, I picked this catalog listing all the latest gizmos for photography connoisseur. There were lens for macro photography, telephoto lens, wide angle, and the tilt and shift lens - adjacent to them are their prices. I think the TS lens were around Php 100,000.


IMG_0875ac


There were no pressures on me to purchase lens anytime soon as I don't have yet a DSLR naman; I just came to Canon to claim my newly repaired Canon PowerShot D10 - a point and shoot camera. The prices of these lenses were not laugh. But given a chance or even if I have enough bread, buying a TS lens would be the least in my list. Of course, the first concern would be to buy an SLR first =) but I am still happy and contented with my Canon D10.

IMG_0874ac

Despite of that, looking into a tilt and shift photos kinda gives you another flavor of depth - a Lilliputian-like perspective - miniature.

IMG_0866aac

Some say tilt and shift photography is actually an eye candy stuff but TS photography is also use for architectural and landscape photography. I would love to do this kind of photography but I have no TS lens - and an SLR camera first and foremost.

IMG_0871ac

Then one day, as I am searching for freeware for image editing, to my surprise the downloaded editor actually has tilt and shift effect that you can apply post production - nakatipid na ako ng 100,000!

Lift

Then I scheduled a photo shoot session just for this kind of special assignment. I went to Festival Super Mall, Filinvest area, and Alabang thoroughfares.

IMG_0860ac

IMG_0853ac

IMG_0845ac

IMG_0844ac

Creek

IMG_0840ac

IMG_0838ac

IMG_0837acc

IMG_0809-tiltshift-1

IMG_0833ca


These images posted were taken by Canon Powershot D10 then processed with tilt and shift effect. I just love magical results! The task was not easy as you can only see the miniature effect post production so you have to be keen, find a right and interesting subject and visualize your perspective on the spot to achieve the miniature effect later, unless you have the TS kit OR camera that has TS effect i.e. Canon Powershot S95. But you can yield the same effect with your ordinary point and shoot camera with needed editor, just like what I did.

4 notes:

{ glentot } | November 17, 2010 at 2:16 PM said...

No shit, you tilt shift shots are the best by far na nakita ko I'm not kidding! Lalo yung cars!

{ Unknown } | November 18, 2010 at 5:18 PM said...

no shit, salamat kid! =)

Anonymous | November 19, 2010 at 5:47 AM said...

hello mr Ollie,
ang galing mo as in... ang cute ng dating nung mga shots mo,
ang ganda nung shots yung sa arcade, parang miniture ang dateng, ang galing mo po sobra as in!

:)

{ Unknown } | November 21, 2010 at 3:24 AM said...

chef TRA, - di naman masyado hehehe... pero thanks at nagustuhan mo ang shots =) see you around

 

Copyright © 2010 Sketching My Corner All Rights Reserved

Design by Dzignine